Search McConkie Menu

Friday, July 26, 2013

Zesty Chicken Tacos

Summer time is the perfect time to use the crock pot. Besides the fact that you don't have to heat your kitchen up to a million degrees, you can just throw a bunch of stuff in, turn it on, and walk away. Major bonus in my eyes!

These tasty tacos are a perfect example of crock pot ease, and they are delicious to boot! In fact, while we were cleaning up dinner, my husband said "those were great. Let's have them again."

I think I can manage that!


Zesty Chicken Tacos

4-6 Large Chicken Breasts {boneless/skinless}
1/2 of a small bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
1 packet of dry Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 TBSP Minced Garlic
1/2 TBSP Chili Powder
1/2 TBSP Ground Cumin

Place Chicken in crock pot. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meat. Cook on high for about 6 hours, or on low for about 8. When chicken is cooked through, shred and return to crock pot. Serve on tortillas as a chicken taco, or over a bed of lettuce as a salad. Delicious either way! We like to add cheese, avocado, tomato, and black beans... but the chicken is so flavorful, you can really eat it all by itself!



4 comments:

  1. Made this, and love it. Thanks for such an easy meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound awesome, I am emailing myself the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound awesome, I am emailing myself the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete